The engineering industry is comprised of different professions and sectors, each with its own laws and financial requirements for tax and business operations. To stand out in this competitive field, it’s important to have a CPA firm that’s knowledgeable in the latest accounting, analysis, and management planning techniques.
Helping FDOT consultants, contractors, and geotechnical professionals for 40 years: The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) requires that indirect costs or overhead rates must be reviewed and certified before submitting a contract. Additionally, if your FDOT contract is more than $500,000 then you must have an independent CPA audit your overhead rates annually. An incorrect overhead calculation can lead to lost revenue or overbilling the government, which would need to be repaid.
Rivero, Gordimer & Company performs more than 20 overhead rate audits annually in compliance with:
- Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards
- Florida Administrative Code Chapter 14-75
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ Uniform Audit and Accounting
- Subparts 9900 and 31 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Other applicable requirements or criteria outlined by the FDOT or relevant organizations
Our expertise and FDOT compliant accounting system helps manage your job cost profitability while also adding critical insights to help with future job estimates.
Services we provide the engineering industry:
Partner with RGCO: CPAs and Advisors who understand the engineering industry and specialize in servicing your individual needs:
- Accounting Services
- Tax Services
- FDOT Audits
- Audits of Overhead Rates
- Help with Self-Certification of Overhead Rates
- Job Cost Accounting Systems Review
- Reviewing Historical Overhead Rates and Disallowed Expenses
- Calculating Facility Cost of Capital
- Research & Development
- Tax Credits
- Many other services
If you would like more information about how RGCO represents engineering groups, please contact our Firm’s experts below.