The rent-to-own (RTO) industry, also known as rental-purchase, is composed of business owners who rent electronics, furniture, appliances, wheels and tires, jewelry and many other products (durable consumer property) to customers. The customer makes weekly or monthly payments on the rental contract with no obligation to make all the scheduled payments but may acquire the property if all the payments are made.
Rivero, Gordimer & Company, P.A. (RGCO) works with numerous franchisors, franchisees, and small- to larger-sized independents who represent hundreds of storefronts. We understand the RTO industry from start-up and financing to specific tax and accounting rules through succession and merger or sale transactions; including valuation.
Keeping up with the latest industry insights enables us to partner with our clients to advise on tax and accounting solutions, business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, and business consulting. We are proud to be an associate member of the Association of Progressive Rental Organizations (APRO), an approved vendor for The Rental Industry Buying Group (TRIB), and vendor member of the Florida Rental Dealers Association (FRDA).
After nearly 20 years of partnerships, RGCO truly specializes in this industry. Here’s what our clients have said:
“Beyond the number crunching, I have used RGCO to help structure my Estate and provide company valuations geared toward future planning.”
“Before them, I never knew where I stood regarding my tax liability. They provide expert and timely service so I can plan for my business.”
“As an independent, we didn’t know what our former CPA didn’t know about our industry. The transition was painless and has been less expensive than we thought.”
Larry and Adam Sutton | RNR Tire Express
Chris Kale | RTO Industry Veteran
Michael Landry | Rent-A-Center
Services we provide the RTO industry:
Partner with RGCO: CPAs and Advisors who understand the RTO industry and specialize in servicing your individual needs:
- Accounting Services
- Strategic Tax Services like Planning and Preparation
- Complex Payroll Services
- Auditing and Assurance
- Litigation Support
- Business Consulting and Project Budgeting
- Merger and Acquisition Consulting
- Succession Planning
If you would like more information about how RGCO represents franchisors, franchisees, and independents in the RTO industry, please contact a member of our rent-to-own committee.
Contact our RTO experts:
- The Rent-to-Own Industry: A Great Industry That is Misunderstood
- Understanding the New Lease Accounting Standards
- Franchisor Revenue Recognition Simplified
- CPAs Specialized in the Rent-To-Own Industry
- How Does the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Impact Rent-To-Own Businesses?
- Accounting and Tax Treatment for Start-Up/Pre-Opening Expenses
- Succession Planning for the RTO Industry
- Multistate Businesses Must Have a Nexus Tax Strategy
- 9 Considerations for Tax Season
- Should You Consider an ESOP as Your Business Exit Strategy?