At Rivero, Gordimer & Company (RGCO), we have extensive experience helping our clients capitalize on this knowledge. We help you identify it, protect it, and show your idea or invention is unique and like no other. Understanding the value of your intellectual property (IP) and intangible assets is critical to the success of your business, and with more than 20 years of experience specializing in business valuation as it relates to IP, RGCO can help you navigate the complexities of your IP needs.
Protect Your Assets
There are four basic types of IP rights: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. To ensure your assets are protected, increase profits, and establish a competitive advantage in the marketplace, RGCO will work with you to develop a customized IP management plan. We will address any factors that could impact your assets while conveying their expected value and possible weaknesses.
Identify the Importance of Your Assets with an IP Audit
Before the IP management plan is written, an IP audit is conducted to establish a clear understanding of your business, the competitive landscape, and how your IP fits into them.
An IP audit is an information-gathering exercise and a necessary part of a business’s due diligence regarding its IP. It’s a mechanism to uncover and catalog IP rights and to identify any potential disputes.
Issues addressed in an IP audit include:
- Identifying business goals and how potential IP assets could be beneficial
- Establishing whether or not there are any patentable processes
- Determining what is protectable and how to protect it
- Identifying possible trademarks used that need to be protected
- Establishing a financial valuation of potential IP assets
- Understanding the competitive landscape
- Identifying how litigious the competitive market is
- Evaluating IP enforcement mechanisms
Intellectual property is an idea, innovation, or process that enables a competitive edge. Rivero, Gordimer & Company has proven experience implementing IP management plans. As a member of the RGCO team, Mr. Brett Cooper has more than two decades of intellectual property experience. He is one of a select few individuals in the U.S. who has earned a designation of “Accredited Senior Appraiser in Intangible Asset Valuation” by the American Society of Appraisers. RGCO can be a valuable partnership to fully maximize your business’s goals and use of your IP assets.
Industries we provide IP and IA services for:
Rivero, Gordimer & Company has performed valuation services of business interests and assets of businesses operating in the following industries:
- Construction & Real Estate
- Healthcare & Wellness
- Trucking & Transportation
- Professional Service Providers
- International Business
- Mining and Extractive Industries
- Retail and Wholesale Distribution
In addition, Rivero, Gordimer & Company has worked with companies operating as:
- Not-for-profit Entities
- Franchisees and Franchisors
- Manufacturer’s Representatives