International business is defined as the exchange of goods or services through commercial transactions (private. public, governmental, not-for-profit, other) that happen between individuals or firms in multiple countries.
International business is drastically different than conducting business domestically. Tax laws vary from country to country, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements are different, and managerial accounting considerations are more complex.
If you run an international business, you’ll need CPAs and advisors who can navigate these variances and understand how to service your global business effectively.
Services we provide to international businesses:
Rivero, Gordimer & Company understands the complexities of international business and has the experienced professionals to help with international issues including:
- Planning and Structuring International Businesses
- Financial Reporting for International Regulations
- U.S. Taxation of Foreign Persons and Income including FDAP, FIRPTA, PFIC, Subpart F Income of CFC, withholding taxes, effectively connected income
- Foreign Tax Credits
- Captive Insurance Companies
- Outbound and Inbound Transfers
- IC-DISC Structuring
If you would like more information about how Rivero, Gordimer & Company represents international businesses, please contact our International Business experts below.