When you have a pending M&A transaction, complex or not, you need a team who understands your business and the urgency of providing financial due diligence for you. Rivero, Gordimer & Company offers a blend of seasoned professionals with analytic, investigative, and financial experience across multiple industries. We understand that each engagement is unique and, therefore, our financial due diligence process is customized to fit your specific goals.
Buy-Side Due Diligence
Financial due diligence is a critical aspect of your overall evaluation and assessment of a target business. The intent of a buyer’s financial due diligence effort is to investigate and obtain a full picture of the business, including many financial metrics. Financially, it is essential to understand the business’s performance, including quality of earnings, whether its assets are overvalued or undervalued, any liabilities, and revenue forecasts and budgets. These all play a role in determining your final offer.
We provide a comprehensive due diligence process or a Quality of Earnings report that will focus on financial facts, trends, and behaviors currently taking place in the industry. We also address any risk factors that may hinder future success.
Benefits of buy-side due diligence:
- Confirm and verify information discussed in the initial deal or investment process
- Identify defects in the deal/investment opportunity, potentially avoiding a bad transaction
- Obtain information critical in accurately valuing a deal
- Ensure the deal is compliant with investment criteria
Sell-Side Due Diligence
While it is typical of a buyer to complete a Quality of Earnings report as part of its financial due diligence, it can be equally beneficial for the seller. If you want to sell your business, spin off a part of it, or need assistance with divestitures, a seller Quality of Earnings report can help you maximize value and identify potential roadblocks before going to market.
When a business decides to sell, it’s not uncommon for them to find themselves unprepared for the financial scrutiny of the buyer. We take a deep dive into your company’s financials, analyzing operating results to ensure you receive the highest quality offers and can then confidently accelerate your closing date.
The benefits of sell-side due diligence:
- Optimize business’s value
- Provide insight into potential issues a buyer might have with your company
- Opportunity to mitigate and/or remediate any issues before going to market
- Anticipate buyer objections allowing you to negotiate from a position of strength
Whether you are interested in buying or selling a business, RGCO provides the expertise to develop and execute a customized financial due diligence investigation or quality-of-earnings report. Our team of professionals has decades of analytic, investigative, and financial experience to get you through even the most complex transactions. RGCO provides the qualitative benefits of a large accounting firm, coupled with the timely decision-making and reasonable fees of a smaller, more agile firm. The provision of quality solutions is our strength.
Industries we provide financial due diligence for:
Rivero, Gordimer & Company has performed valuation services of business interests and assets of businesses operating in the following industries:
- Construction & Real Estate
- Healthcare & Wellness
- Trucking & Transportation
- Professional Service Providers
- International Business
- Mining and Extractive Industries
- Retail and Wholesale Distribution
In addition, Rivero, Gordimer & Company has worked with companies operating as:
- Not-for-profit Entities
- Franchisees and Franchisors
- Manufacturer’s Representatives