Chief Operating Officer
*RGCO will NOT respond to recruiting services for this position*
RGCO is a large local full-service CPA firm based in Tampa providing a wide range of services including assurance, tax, and consulting services.
The COO will provide leadership and strategic vision to the Firm. They will bring operational, managerial, and administrative procedures, reporting structures, and operational controls to the firm. A successful COO needs to be able to work with a variety of personalities and work styles. They must have leadership skills and experience in various fields such as finance and human resources. A good COO must be a skilled communicator, effective leader and driven businessperson who can spur firm growth, maintain key operational procedures, create new processes, and ensure day to day operational excellence. This position will report directly to the Executive team and must align with our firm’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the firm, including IT and processes, business and staff development, including participating on firm committees designed to focus on each category.
• Providing accurate and timely financial and KPI reports outlining the operational condition of the firm.
• Creating effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes and internal departments.
• Managing the HR functions and working alongside our outsourced HR team, which includes responsibilities such as developing strategies for recruiting, retaining and developing talent at all levels, and coaching Firm leaders.
• Coaching and developing the team to ensure they are delivering against key business metrics.
• Cultivating and providing opportunities for rising talent within the Firm.
• Working closely with internal teams to create, implement and roll out plans for operational and financial processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and firm policies all designed to foster a growth oriented, positive, and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to firm policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Handling all negotiations with external vendors and landlord, including forging strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, vendors, banks, and all other professional business relationships.
• Implementing methods to improve quality, efficiency, and productivity, reduce costs, increase profits, or improve control measures.
• Working with internal teams on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs.
• Demonstrating a willingness to take on new tasks with a general attitude that no task is too small, impossible, or cannot be improved.
• Corporate management
• Financial planning and strategy
• Strategic planning and vision
• Promotion of process improvement
• Forecasting and budgeting
• Marketing and business development
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• CPA firm work experience is preferred, professional service firm experience a plus
• CPA License or MBA preferred
• 5-10+ years at the COO level is preferred
• Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills.
• Proven track record of outstanding performance in a previous enterprise with Gross Revenues of $10 Million or more.
• Proven track record of managing complex budgets successfully.
• Demonstrated experience of ethical leadership.
• Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels.
• Ability to make business projections three years into the future.
Salary + Benefits
Will range based upon the applicant’s experience and ability but is expected to be $175,000 – $250,000. The firm provides comprehensive benefits including employer paid health insurance, PTO, 401(k) safe-harbor and profit sharing plan, paid parking and more.
Submit your resumé to [email protected].
Rivero, Gordimer & Company P.A. offers competitive salaries, health insurance, short/long term disability, 401(k) plan, paid parking, and paid continuing education.